Angela Morgan Biography
Bismarck State College, Bismarck, North Dakota, U.S.A. Sept. 1990 – May 1992, Associates in Arts
Scholarships and Awards
Foreign Student Waiver 1990 – 92, Bismarck State College
Bismarck State College, Bismarck State College, North Dakota, U.S.A.
• verve gallery, Regina SK
• Fran Willis Gallery of Fine Arts, Victoria B.C.
• Advent Show, Halde Galerie, Widen Switzerland
• Canvas to Go, group exhibition, Venezuelan Consulate Art Gallery, New York NY
• New Paintings, Solo Show, Fernie Arts Station, Fernie, B.C.
• Perpetual Bond, Group Show, Art is Vital Gallery, Calgary, Alberta
• One Year Later, 2 Person Show, Mezzanine Gallery, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
• All I Want For Christmas, Group Show, Art is Vital Gallery, Calgary, Alberta
• Post-Miniature Show, Group Show, Little Gallery, University of Calgary, Calgary, Alberta
• Prairie Exhibition, Group Show, Regina, Saskatchewan
• Concordia University Gallery, Group Show, Montreal, Quebec
• Bismarck State College Gallery, Group Show, Bismarck, North Dakota, U.S.A.
Angela Morgan Description
Angela Morgan (nee Harlton) lives and works in Fernie, B.C.
The completion of her bachelor in fine arts degree (BFA) in April of 2000 ended a ten year stretch of university education. Angela attended Bismarck State College in North Dakota, Concordia University in Montreal, University of Regina, and finally the University of Calgary.
Angela Morgan’s work celebrates humanity through the use of colour, pattern, and line. Her human figures express the poses of life; the jubilation of dance, the contemplation of parenthood, and the melancholy of summer’s end. Colours fuse and meld to achieve gesture, transforming abstract images into living moments.
Angela is represented in galleries across Canada, in the United States and Switzerland.